7.04.2020

R for Retaining

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


Among the most valuable things I've learned in life, is the method of holding on to something by allowing it to be free. This apparent paradox is resolved simply, at understanding that one's Creator's planning and timing is the most impeccable and matchless. It is my Rabb Who owns both what/whom I would know, and my self. Certain objectives, trying to be as timeless as they are, without a doubt are best left to His care in their specific determination. Every light, every beacon, every khair I have ever encountered, was brought to me, never something I found on my own, never solely with my personal effort. A slave blessed in this manner, after enough trial and error and reflection, begins to understand that sometimes, many times, restraint of the self is the best course and permitting destiny to coalesce organically with the guidance of its Creator is truly the best way of achieving something.

This is how my Moon's orbit can remain steady, how my Gemini's echoes can be known on occasion, how other lights of life can be as independent and natural in their expression of connection, regardless of my wish in the matter. Because He permits them all to be as they are, as they should be. 

Owning nothing, seeking everything, such is the chase of my Eternity.  

No comments: