7.22.2020

of the Veins

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ



wish you weren't just in my blood, rather by my side, so i wouldn't have to make these cuts, let out rivulets of Red, saturated past capacity, with what constitutes a Love. my mind can see you so clearly, the clearest i ever could, conversations with your phantom, almost close enough to touch. i know in these places, just a few shades away is madness waiting, don't know how long He'll make me hold it in, keep it from spilling over, of an ocean overflowing, yearning to evaporate, reach beyond my atmosphere to embrace celestial bodies with arms He made for me to share. 

not yet, not yet, be still oh self, your beloved He's still at distance kept, curtains not yet risen, keep back the reins of your flood, to drown not those to whom you'd have such depths given, for now must they be let breathing, laws of this life mean breathlessness could end their being; so quietude my waters must find again, perhaps relent to an icing age, in hopes it preserves what needs a lifetime for reaping.

No comments: