7.17.2020

separated

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ



oh Allah, You take them from me, You've taken what is Yours, the ones I love most You place at such distance, it makes this life seem so much less worthy living for, they are my brightness, my connection, the reasons for my smiles when societies fall apart and crumble, my anchors to the parts of me I cannot alone sustain, they are those You let me know but also those You now keep away, I know there is not much here for me to complain, but how alone can my ocean beat when all its pieces are spread so far apart from me? 

You suffice me as my Creator, as my Friend, as the Guide Who brought me out from every darkness I (un)wittingly stumble in, but it's true that You made me human too, with desires and friendships, embedded inside such precious people I'd always want to be close with. So it is, I beg You not to always keep us parted, keep me not always drifting, let me be a light for my beloved, always lit for them so long as You would have me living, ameen ya Rabb of mine

No comments: