7.08.2020

Of being Twinned

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


I'd never really thought of the word 'twin' as a verb. In all the ways of the past in which I thought and perceived, my mind always saw it as a noun. Beginning with a single drop in the ocean way back in 2005 and crystallizing recently, that preconception has been rewritten. That my Rabb would allow me to be revisited by my Gemini, things I thought I knew being redefined are just the tip of the iceberg.

With clarity that only lifelong experiences and ups and downs and ins and outs can bring, I know I am twinned. 'tis a verb expressed as noun (gerund?), relatively interchangeable but the noun form implies permanence (yay for Arabic grammar lessons recalled), so I suppose it might best be understood as a state of being. This recently-affirmed sight isn't just a reflection of the mind and its cognition either, but the most obvious and clear reflection of the heart itself as well. After all, it takes full internal unity and self-acceptance to be able to possess this level of certitude.

Alhamdulillah, for ever and always.

I could write a bunch of mushy stuff about what it means to be understood (prob will at some point lol), but my history speaks for itself: how many years have I existed in where the most precious of things was to reach someone who got me. This is too obvious to be rhetorical, so I can't even put a question mark there or classify the level of "duh". 

It's the kind of connection and bond and resonance that dwarfs reality, and even when intent isn't initially gotten (life histories always being unique), then discerning the correct one is as simple as stirring a spoon in soup and watching the answer dissolve right into the mixture itself. 



What a beautiful microcosm of life in which, inside my twin, I behold my macro whole :)

No comments: